The LPM Institute is the definitive source for training programs, white papers, news and materials you need to develop and implement legal project management in your organization. We will continually add materials to this site so please check in regularly. Also, please let us know if you have materials you would like for us to mention or provide here.
- Smart Pricing, Smarter Profit by Stuart J T Dodds - Smarter Pricing, Smarter Profit provides a terrific overview of the major issues affecting the pricing of legal work today. Stuart Dodds lays out a simple, yet comprehensive framework for developing and negotiating the right price for legal matters and then, managing to the matter to that price. The book does not address pricing in a vacuum but in conjunction with an understanding of the market trends, law firm profitability and other key issues that are critical to effective pricing. The book should be required reading for anyone leading pricing or LPM initiatives in law firms. - Susan Raridon Lambreth, Principal, LawVision Group and LPM Institute. To purchase or obtain more information, please click the title above.
- "Twin Cities law firms embrace ideas from factories to lower costs, improve efficiency," StarTribune, March 18, 2017, by Nicole Norfleet
- "How Legal Project Management is Changing M&A Work," Inside Counsel, July 6, 2016, by Byron S. Kalogerou and Dennis J. White.
- "M&A Deal Lawyers as Project Managers," Acquisition International, July, 2016, by Byron S. Kalogerou and Dennis J. White.
- "Faster-Better-Cheaper Through Legal Project Management: The LACI Chart," Bloomberg BNA, June, 21, 2016, by Bill Kleinman and Aileen Leventon, JD, MBA.
- "LPM 102: Eight Critical Tools for Legal Project Management," January 19, 2016, by Aileen Leventon, JD, MBA.
- "LPM 101: First Principles of Legal Project Management," January 11, 2016, by Aileen Leventon, JD, MBA.
- "New Streamlined Legal Industry Standard Codes for Data Collection on the Cost of M&A Work Adopted," by Aileen Leventon, JD, MBA.
- "National law firms vie for project management chiefs," Financial Post, February 20, 2104 by Julius Melnitzer.
- "ABA Business Law Today - How Practitioners Can Apply Legal Project Management to M&A: New Tools for New Times," August, 2014, by Byron S. Kalogerou & Dennis J. White.
- LPM White Paper
- RFPs/Surveys Show Clients are Demanding Legal Project Management
- Blogpost – Is it possible to measure the impact of project management?
- Blogpost – What is successful legal project management?
- Blogpost – Is Legal Project Management a Potential Solution to Creating Effective Teams?
- Blogpost – Is Legal Project Management Just One of Many Starting Points to Creating Effective Teams?
- Legal Project Management: COMMUNICATION BASED on a "Need to Share"